(4 acres. In Garrett County, east of Grantsville on U.S. Route 40.) Astride the Casselman River just east of Grantsville stands historic Casselman River Bridge. Originally constructed in 1813-14, the fine single arch stone bridge once served the old National Road which linked Cumberland, Maryland with the Ohio River. The bridge cresses an area named Little Crossings in 1755 by George Washington, then a young military aide on the staff of British General Edward Braddock. Braddock led an army against a French fort near what is now Pittsburgh. This is a Maryland State Park.